So what makes a business easy to remember?
Make sure your branding has as many of these qualities as possible...
- A set symbol - ex. Nike's swoosh, Rolex's crown
- Owning a color - ex. Coca-Cola=Red
- Rhymes - ex. Dim-Dim, Yo-Yo, etc.
- Uses alliteration - ex. Mighty Mouse, Harry Housens
- Original - Creating a new word... ex. Google, Xerox, Kleenex, Blu-ray
- A wide, rather than tall, logo ex. FEDEX
- Shocking - ex. Kick Ass Pest Control!
So what make a business difficult to remember? Make sure your branding has as few of these qualities as possible
- Generic names - Home Furnishings Plus, Signs-R-Us, HD-DVD
- A multi-colored logo - More Colors=more diluted visual memory
- Lack of uniformity on marketing materials
- Mispelled names - Graphyx, Boyz
- A tall, rather than wide, logo - ex. Arby's tall hat