So what makes a business easy to remember?
Make sure your branding has as many of these qualities as possible…
- A set symbol – ex. Nike’s swoosh, Rolex’s crown
- Owning a color – ex. Coca-Cola=Red
- Rhymes – ex. Dim-Dim, Yo-Yo, etc.
- Uses alliteration – ex. Mighty Mouse, Harry Housens
- Original – Creating a new word… ex. Google, Xerox, Kleenex, Blu-ray
- A wide, rather than tall, logo ex. FEDEX
- Shocking – ex. Kick Ass Pest Control!
So what make a business difficult to remember?
Make sure your branding has as few of these qualities as possible…
- Generic names – Home Furnishings Plus, Signs-R-Us, HD-DVD
- A multi-colored logo – More Colors=more diluted visual memory
- Lack of uniformity on marketing materials
- Mispelled names – Graphyx, Boyz
- A tall, rather than wide, logo – ex. Arby’s tall hat
Click here to add your own text